Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Why Is Impossible Even In the English Language?


During Sunday morning's sermon, God and I were conversating.  My pastor said something that took me back to a bible study I did on the 5th of January. (I've been doing the "Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence" by Sarah Young)

Part of the passage says:
"True dependence is not simply asking me to bless what you have decided to do. It is coming to Me with an open mind and heart, inviting Me to plant My desires within you.  I may infuse within you a dream that seems far beyond your reach.  You know that in yourself you cannot achieve such a goal.  Thus begins your journey of profound reliance on me.
 This began a revelation in redefining the word "impossible."  Back to Sunday morning...whatever was said began my pondering on why the word "impossible" is even in the English language.  What does impossible mean if it doesn't exist in God?

My revelatory definition of impossible=the yet unimagined possibilities.  Things only remain impossible until you've imagined the possible as a true scenario which can only be planted by God.

Our ways are not His ways, and His thoughts are not our thoughts, which is why we must wait for Him to share them with us.  I'm working on going beyond my senses and opening up to the infinite possibilities of God.

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment