Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Physical Attacks

It's funny the things that make sense retrospectively.

When I was in college, I really wanted to learn to distinguish the voice of God.  My mentor instructed me to start recording what I thought was His voice, respond to everything and then watch and see what clicks.

It was amazing when I would share with people what God had said and they would confirm that it was the exact word they needed at that time.

Shortly after making these discoveries I came down with the worst strep throat I had ever experienced.  My throat felt as if it was splitting and I could not get relief, not even through sleep. I had my parents drive me to the emergency room at 3 in the morning because I absolutely couldn't wait until morning to get it looked at.

The next day, my mentor called me.  His first words, "You know what's happening, don't you?"

My thoughts: I know that my throat is trying to kill me slowly.

He answered his own question, "You are hearing the voice of God and the enemy can't interfere with it.  So he has literally stopped you from being able to talk back."

What?!?!?!  

Since then, every time I have had major changes in my spiritual life I have always suffered some sort of physical malady.

If you've read my first couple of posts, I have had some MAJOR breakthroughs in my life recently!!!

I have finally gotten a revelation of forgiveness that I haven't had in the 15 years I have actively been walking this faith.

I have been freed from so much!  God is leaving nothing untouched.  
I am walking in my freedom!  
I will not be taken back!  
I am no longer a captive!

So...




What did I do you ask?  I simply walked.

I didn't twist it.  I didn't fall.  I didn't trip.  I was wearing socks and tennis shoes that fit properly and were laced.  I simply walked on it and now there is a pain in the center of my foot and three lumps that are not my ankle on the outside of my foot.

A pain that only hurts when I walk.  The pain doesn't go away with Aleve, muscle/joint rubs, or ice/heat.  It can be alleviated, but not removed.

Am I worried?  No.

God is God.  He knows the trials I will face and has pre-equipped me.  I will continue to move forward, even if I have do so on crutches.



No comments:

Post a Comment